The California Stationary Fuel Cell Collaborative promotes the use of fuel cell technology in distributed generation and other applications to help bring clean, efficient, reliable and sustainable power to all Californians.
The Collaborative promotes the deployment of fuel cell technologies as a means of reducing or eliminating air pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions, increasing energy efficiency, promoting energy reliability and independence, and helping the state of California move closer to realizing a sustainable energy future.
Under the auspices of the Collaborative, private industry and government agencies work together to:
- Advance programs and activities that accelerate the deployment of fuel cells in the California market;
- Advance informed public policy;
- Initiate public demonstrations of fuel cells for distributed generation, backup power and specialty vehicles;
- Conduct key studies to further existing knowledge about fuel cell capabilities and the impact of fuel cells for distributed generation, backup power and specialty vehicles; and
- Raise public awareness about and acceptance of this technology.